Whether you want to change the default admin password of your Netgear range extender, update its firmware, hide its network name, or do pretty much anything else, performing Netgear extender login is important. If you are wondering how to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender, continue reading this post.
Methods to Perform Netgear Extender Login
In this post, we have talked about two different methods using which you can log in to your Netgear wireless range extender:
- Via mywifiext.net
- Using the Nighthawk app
Note: You are free to use whichever login method you find the easiest.
Netgear Extender Login via Mywifiext.net
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear extender login using by accessing mywifiext.net:
- Plug your Netgear wireless range extender into a power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Led the power LED light become solid green.
Note: In case the power LED on your Netgear extender does not turn green, consider rebooting your device.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Plug one end of the cable into the extender and another into your router.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type mywifiext.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the official login page of your Netgear extender.
- Click the Log In button.
With that, you will be able to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender by accessing the mywifiext page.
Note: Try accessing http://192.168.1.250 if you are unable to access mywifiext for the Netgear extender login process.
Netgear Extender Login Using Nighthawk App
Another method through which you can log in to your Netgear wireless range extender is using the Nighthawk app.
Thus, follow the guidelines outlined below and get familiar with how to perform Netgear extender login with the help of the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your mobile phone.
- Head over to the Google Play Store (Android) or the Apple App Store (iOS).
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of results, select the Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Download button.
- Hold on for a couple of seconds and let the app get installed.
Note: It is recommended that you do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the application is getting installed. Otherwise, the process might get disrupted and lead you to technical issues.
- Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Enter your default admin username and password into their fields.
- Tap the Log In button.
And you are done! By following these instructions, you will surely be able to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender by relying on the Nighthawk app.
The Bottom Line
Our article on how to perform Netgear extender login using two different methods has come to an end here. We expect that after walking through the guidelines mentioned above, you will be able to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender.
Now, you are free to change the password of your device, update its firmware, hide its network name, or tweak any other settings that you feel like. The choice is yours.