Does your Netgear router flash an orange light? If yes, then don’t panic. This kind of issue is faced by many netizens. Therefore, we have arrived with some information through which you can easily resolve the Netgear router orange light issue. Let’s begin without wasting any more time.
Reboot Your Netgear Router
In some cases, you get stuck with the Netgear router blinking orange light due to minor technical glitches. And you can easily get rid of these minor technical issues by simply rebooting your Netgear Router.
- You need to disconnect all your connected WiFi-enabled devices from your router.
- Turn it off and remove it from the power source.
- Set it aside for a while before plugging it again into the power socket.
- Then, turn it on again and connect your WiFi-enabled device to your router to access high-speed internet.
If you are still getting the Netgear router orange light issue, then jump to the next troubleshooting method.
Check the Power Supply
There might be a chance your Netgear router is not getting a proper power supply. To ensure this you are required to examine the power socket through which your router is connected. If you find any damage to the electrical socket, then try switching your Netgear router to another socket. Moreover, don’t forget to check the condition of the AC cable as it needs to be free from any kind of damage for smooth functioning.
Verify Your Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is needed for your Netgear router to work smoothly. If you are using a wired connection, then ensure that the Ethernet cable doesn’t consist of any wear or tear. If that’s not the case, then swap your Ethernet cable with the new one. While using a wireless connection, make sure that your WiFi-enabled device is placed within the range of your Netgear router to avoid any connectivity issues.
Important Note: We suggest you prefer a wired connection while accessing the routerlogin.net setup wizard to avoid any connectivity issues.
Avoid your Netgear router from getting overheated. This might be one of the reasons behind the outcome of the Netgear router orange light issue. Therefore, we suggest you turn off your router when not in use. To prevent your Netgear router from getting overheated, you can use USB fans.
Upgrade Netgear Router Firmware
If you haven’t upgraded your Netgear router firmware for a while, then we suggest you update it to the most recent version. As it will help you to resolve Netgear router red light issue or other similar kinds of issues that might occur. However, it’s a simple process; but still, some users find it a bit complex. So, to make things simple, here we have listed step-by-step information to update your Netgear router firmware in a hassle-free manner.
- Turn on your Netgear router and the computer system.
- On your computer system, access an upgraded version of the internet browser and insert www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
- Press the Enter Key.
- Now, you’ll be directed to the Netgear router login page where you are required to input the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- Then, the Netgear router setup wizard will come into view where you are required to browse your cursor to the Advanced tab, then click Administration and select Firmware Update.
- Next, click Check to look for the new updates.
- If the new updates are available, click Yes to start the update process.
- Now, you just need to follow the instructions appearing on your screen to complete the Netgear router firmware update process.
Finally, you have successfully upgraded the Netgear router firmware to the latest version. Now, see if the Netgear router red light issue continues to exist. If yes, then implement the next troubleshooting method mentioned in the below section.
Reset and Re-configure Your Router
Resetting your Netgear router to the default factory settings and reconfiguring it again from the scratch is required when none of the aforementioned troubleshooting methods works for you. To reset, you just need a pin-pointed object to press and hold the Reset button located at the back of your router until the power LED starts flashing.
Now, it will restarts automatically and will be restored to the default factory settings.
Now you need to re-configure your Netgear router to access the www.routerlogin.net setup wizard.
Finally, the troubleshooting methods to resolve the Netgear router orange light issue have come to an end. If you find any information in this article helpful in fixing the Netgear router orange light issue, then inform us by leaving a comment.