For Linksys AC2200 setup, you just have to apply a couple of tips. And, those tips are provided in this post. If you apply the tips mentioned here correctly, then we assure you that you will never face any issues with your Linksys Velop. Yes, you read it absolutely correct! In this post, we have not only provided the tips to perform Linksys AC2200 setup in a hassle-free way but also the fixes to troubleshoot issues with the Velop device that is going to help you in the future as well.
- For Linksys AC2200 setup, the first thing that you have to do is to plug it into a wall socket that is near to your existing router/modem.
To make the Velop and my existing device work together, I used an extension because I don’t have two wall plugs at the same place.
- Then, I connected my existing device and AC2200 using an Ethernet cable. This is the reason why I suggested using an extension.
- After that what I did do for the Linksys AC2200 setup if you want to know then continue reading! I turned on a wireless computer. If you have a laptop or desktop that will work too. But, after turning on my wireless PC the very first thing that I did is – search for the software updates available on my device. I proceeded because I didn’t find any notification. I updated my device last week only. So, ignore this step! But, consider this as a bonus tip for you and update your device if any firmware version is available.
- Thereafter, I opened Google Chrome. You can open any web browser. After opening the web browser I find that it was outdated and more than 4 tabs were pinned on it. So, first of all, I unpinned all the useless tabs, cleared the browsing history, updated Google Chrome, and then restarted it. Trust me! I apply this tip whenever I face issues while accessing the Linksys Velop web interface for AC2200 configuration.
After applying the aforementioned tip, I headed over to the browser’s address bar and entered the default IP of my Linksys Velop. In starting, I was facing non-working of the IP address issue. Want to know why? Because of silly mistakes done by me! I am providing you with the mistakes so that you can take care of them and won’t commit the same.
- Even after seeing the device’s manual, I was making typing errors in the IP address. So, I copied 192.168. 1.1 and pasted in the search bar.
- This was the second mistake I committed! I used the search bar. After getting the 192.168.1.1 IP not working error 2-3 times, I used the address bar. And, it worked!
Now, I am done with the step provided above. Now, what I did – I pressed the Enter key and got redirected to the Velop’s login window. I haven’t changed the default password of my AC2200 so I saw the user manual for the default Linksys Velop login password and entered it carefully in the required field.
- Thereafter, I hit the Log In button, and thus, the Linksys Velop web interface was displayed. I can’t express my joy how I was feeling at that time. I was about to complete the Linksys AC2200 setup process. I was just a couple of steps away. I followed each and every step carefully the Linksys Velop web interface provided as per my Velop’s model, i.e. AC2200.
It is also recommended for you as well! Go with the on-screen Linksys Velop setup instructions only.
- Now, I have disconnected my Velop from the extension and chosen a perfect place for it. The Velop is now plugged in where my lobby is (airy, cool, and ventilated) and my existing device is placed in my living room. Both are replicating the WiFi range of each other and giving me 100% result of improved and extended WiFi range.
Are you getting that too? Please share! Also, wanted to know whether this post is the perfect answer to your question “What should I do for Linksys Velop AC2200 setup?” If not, then just let us know.