QuickBooks error 3371 might interfere with your work by getting a text that states “QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118” or “QuickBooks Error 3371” QuickBooks could not load the license data.”
It is one of the most agitated issues that come while you try to activate the QuickBooks software. Due to this error, users have to go through several problems and issues. Not only this, but it can also bring damages to the company file. So, as a user, we should get knowledge of the error and try to troubleshoot it as soon as possible. To help you out in this situation, we have prepared a quick guide. Make sure to get into each section if you want to remove the error from your system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371
Well, the main reason behind the QuickBooks error 3371 occurrences is the damaged Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. However, there are others too. You can get into the list below to know each one of them:
- Antivirus malware infection on the system.
- Occurrence of issue while printing, saving, emailing from the QuickBooks desktop.
- Seeing another error like QuickBooks stopped working.
- Windows operating system has damaged the MSXML component.
- The interruption is caused by some anti-virus programs.
- QuickBooks com error appears on the screen.
- Performance issues within your QB software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 3371
There are lots of ways through which you can identify this issue. Get into the section below to learn all of them.
- Crashing within the QuickBooks software.
- Witnessing the issue while cloning from C:\Drive to another new hard drive.
- Getting notification of some HTML files can also lead to this issue.
- Issues while accessing the QB file can be another sign of the error.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371
You can get into the sections below and learn how you can fix this QuickBooks error 3371. Make sure to perform all the steps as suggested if you want to troubleshoot the error.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program
Quick fix my program is one of the best tools that can eliminate all of the error issues. You can easily use it with the steps given below:
- The first and initial step for you to do is to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, you need to save the file in an easily accessed location.
- Consequently, just run the tool on your device. If you cannot find the tool then select only which is named as QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Perform double click now. It will give you access to the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Thereafter, select Quick Fix my Program.
- Move towards the Program Problems to access the previous tab.
- Click the OK button.
- End the entire process now and access your QuickBooks application and the company file.
Solution 2: Update the Windows Operating System
Windows operating system needs to be updated to work smoothly on your system. At times, the error arises because of using the outdated Windows OS. So, try to update it as soon as possible.
- Tap on the Windows button.
- Now, you need to click on the tab named Check for Updates.
- Try to reinstall your QuickBooks desktop.
- Move on by updating the QuickBooks desktop to its latest release.
Solution 3: Modify the Name of the Entitlement File
If the issue is not resolved yet then proceed to this next solution. Below are the steps that will help you in modifying the name of the entitlement file.
Windows XP Users
- Begin the procedure by hitting the Start button.
- Now, you need to choose Run box options.
- Put the following path there “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Thereafter, click on OK.
- The next step for you to do is to rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7, 8, and 10 Users
- Initiate while going towards the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- After that, you need to rename the Entitlement file.
- Thereafter, access the QuickBooks.
- The software will create the new file on its own.
- Subsequently, you need to unhide the program data folder. For that;
- Select Computer.
- Thereafter, choose the Organize button.
- Now, you need to select the folder.
- After that, hit the search button.
- The user now needs to select the tab named Hidden Files and Folders.
- This is the last step in which you need to access the software and see if the error persists or not.
So, these are the following solutions that will help you in eradicating the QuickBooks error 3371. We hope the guided steps have helped you in resolving the issue. Make sure to perform each step with utmost care. You will get so much help once trying out the solutions. If you want us to cover more such articles then don’t forget to tell us in the comment section. We will try to come with every possible solution.