Yoga Poses You and Your Best Friend Can Do Together
Yoga is all about getting back to basics and connecting with your body. With that in mind, we’ve found some awesome yoga poses you can do with your best friend! These poses will help deepen your connection with one another, get your blood pumping, and build strength all over.
Yoga Poses for Beginners
There are many yoga poses that are perfect for beginners. Here are a few yoga poses that you and your best friend can do together:
- Chair Pose: Sit with your legs crossed in front of you and your hands resting on your knees. Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, lean forward so that your chest is touching your thighs. Hold this pose for a few breaths before coming back to the starting position.
- Downward Facing Dog: Start in tabletop position with your hands and knees on the ground. As you inhale, lift your hips up to the sky to form an upside down “V” shape with your body. Make sure to keep your core engaged and your legs straight as you hold this pose for a few breaths.
- Warrior I: Start in mountain pose with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by your sides. As you inhale, step forward with one leg and raise your arms above your head so they are parallel to the ground. Bend your front knee so it is directly over your ankle and make sure both of legs form 90 degree angles. Hold this pose for a few breaths before returning to mountain pose and repeating on the other side.
- Camel Pose: Kneel on the ground with your knees hip-width apart and place your hands on either side of your hips, fingers pointing towards the ground. As you inhale, press into our feet to lift our hips up and backwards. As you exhale, lean back, letting your hands travel down your thighs towards your feet. Tuck your chin to your chest and hold this pose for a few breaths before coming back to the starting position.
Easy Yoga Poses for Friends
There’s nothing like a good yoga class to stretch and strengthen your body, quiet your mind, and leave you feeling refreshed but sometimes it’s even more fun to do yoga with a friend! Here are some easy yoga poses that you and your best friend can do together.
- Warrior I: Start in a lunge position with your right foot forward, left knee bent. Extend your arms out to the sides at shoulder height. Straighten your right leg and gaze forward over your right hand. Hold for 5 breaths then switch sides.
- Cat/Cow: Start on all fours with your wrists under your shoulders and knees under your hips. As you inhale, drop your belly toward the mat and lift your chin and tailbone upward, creating an arch in your back (cow pose). As you exhale, tuck your chin toward your chest and round your back up toward the ceiling, dropping your belly button toward the mat (cat pose). Repeat this sequence for 10 rounds of breath.
- Downward Facing Dog: Start on all fours then tucks your toes under and lift your hips up and back into an upside down “V” shape. Keep your knees bent at first if it feels too difficult to straighten them completely. Relax your head between your arms and breathe deeply for 5-10 breaths before returning to all fours position or moving on to the next pose.
- bff 2 person yoga poses: Two people can do yoga together by facing each other and performing the poses together. This can be a fun way to connect with a friend or loved one and get in some exercise at the same time.
Standing Yoga Poses for Friends
Best friend yoga is a great way to stay fit and connect with your beastie. Here are some basic standing yoga poses you can do together:
- Mountain pose: This pose is a great way to start your yoga practice. It helps to ground you and gives you a sense of stability.
- Warrior I: This pose is excellent for building strength in your legs and core. It also stretches your chest and shoulders.
- Warrior II: Another great pose for building strength, Warrior II also stretches your hips and groin.
- Triangle Pose: This pose is wonderful for lengthening your spine and opening up your chest and shoulders. It also strengthens your legs and ankles.
There’s nothing better than spending time with your best friend – especially when you can do something healthy and fun like bff 2 person yoga poses. Two people can do yoga together by facing each other and performing the poses together. This can be a fun way to connect with a friend or loved one and get in some exercise at the same time.
These yoga poses are perfect for two people, and they’ll help you stretch out, relax, and bond with each other. So grab your best friend and get ready to downward dog your way to a closer friendship.