Are you facing the Error H202 while using QuickBooks? Well, Let’s understand why it is happening.
QuickBooks is broadly recognized as one of the finest accounting software and is known for its special capabilities of handling transactions, book-keeping, payroll management, maintaining records, and many other things. QuickBooks has changed the way businesses carry out disregarding it is also responsible for multiple errors.
When a user process requests to access a QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode but the workstation is unable to interact with it, QuickBooks error H202 occurs. It’s a multi-user issue that holds your operation in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
Multi-user mode enables the connectivity between servers and workstations. H202 error occurred when the connection gets lost.
Possible Factors of QuickBooks H202 Error Code
Let’s discuss some problems that cause QuickBooks Error Code H202.
- The main reason behind this error is the incorrect setting of the hosting configuration.
- Incomplete configuration of the DNS service.
- System firewall blocked the exchange of company data between QuickBooks and the server.
- The IP address of the Host is not available to the QB desktop.
- QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor services are not running.
- .ND file is damaged or corrupted.
- QBs Error Code H202 port not available.
- The company file is located with a multi-user mode & replicates the QBs that are unable to reach the server on your system.
Signs of Quickbooks Error H202
- Unable to switch to multiple-user mode.
- You are unable to open a company file placed on another computer.
- QBs Error H202 message pops up on your screen.
- QuickBooks Software has gotten slow or stopped working for a few
seconds while using.
- When the computer is getting slow or has stopped working.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H202
To resolve your QuickBooks Error Code H202, Follow these below-mentioned methods according to your choice. Now Let’s get into the solutions.
Method 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub on Your Server
For downloading and installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your server, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks tool Hub Program
QuickBooks File Doctor can easily identify the error in a minimum time. Here are the steps that you should follow to run this tool.
- Firstly download and install the QBs file doctor tool.
- The user needs to access the tool.
- So for that, select the company file issue.
- Tap on the company file from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Browse button, If you are facing difficulty in opening the file. It will bring the particular file that needs to be scanned.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the checkbox for the file.
- After that, choose the Continue button.
- Enter the relevant credentials like QuickBooks admin password.
- Just click on the Next button once you are done with the entire process.
Now, the scanning procedure has to be finished in 5 minutes, however, it does not end then wait for some time.
Step 2: Install and Run QBs Database Server Manager on your server
- Firstly, open the Windows Start menu on your server.
- Type database in the search bar.
- Choose QBs Database Server Manager from the list.
- Search the folder where company files are stored with the help of the browse feature.
- Now click on the Start Scan button.
- Rectify system firewall setting with QuickBooks DMS.
- Click on the Close button.
- You have to open QuickBooks on each of the workstations on which the error appears.
- Click on the File menu to go for the next process.
- Tap on Switch to multi-user mode.
- Now if you use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, the H202 error has been resolved. If the error continues, try the other solution.
Step 3: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, you need to download QBs and install diagnostic tools.
- Thereafter Scan the folder, where the data file is stored.
- After that, you must note down the IP addresses and network interfaces.
- Then, Enable the ports for QuickBooks.
- Move on to check the data file connectivity.
- Try to open the company data file and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 2: Test the Network Connection
- You need to access the Run Window by pressing the two tabs Windows + R.
- Enter CMD when the run window appears on the screen.
- Click on the OK button.
- You need to try to ping the server from your computer.
- After that type the ping_server name.
- Press the Enter key.
- Conduct these same steps on every system where you find the error text.
- If the response is slow then there might be some issue with the network and you need to repair it.
Method 3: Verify the QBs Services
You should follow the further mentioned steps to start multi-user hosting mode if the server is running a full QuickBooks version.
- Open QuickBooks on the server.
- Choose File followed by utilities.
- Click on the Host multi-user access.
To check the status of QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on the server, go for further steps.
- Open the Run dialogue box.
- Type in services. msc in the text field and then you need to tap OK.
- Thereafter, select QuickBooksDBXX.
- Check the Startup type whether it is Automatic or not.
- If the Startup type is not set as Automatic then set it.
- Check the Status of the service and ensure it shows Running.
- Select the Recovery tab.
- Now, select Restart the service from the drop-down menus for first, second, and subsequent failures and of all these.
- Click on the Apply and then an OK button.
- Perform all the preceding steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 4: Changing the Location of Company File
- Create a new folder in Drive C to store the company file.
- In the next step, choose the company file and respective.TLG file from the existing company file folder.
- Thereafter, press Ctrl + C keys together to copy.
- After that, select a new company file folder and press the Ctrl+V simultaneously keys to paste the company file.
- Check if you are able to open the file in multi-user mode.
For more article visit: Business
So, these are the relevant methods in order to solve QuickBooks error H202 during switching to multi-user mode. We hope that you may have resolved the error issue. The process is quite simple so you will not feel any kind of problem while applying them. However, if it happens again in the future then execute the same steps and resolve the error.