Fixed: Netgear Router Red Light Issue
Does your Netgear router blink red light? Then relax, it is just a minor technical issue that can be fixed by going through the below-mentioned information. Just peek at the below-given troubleshooting method, you might find the information useful.
Restart Your Netgear Router
In some cases, minor technical glitches are the reason behind the outcome of the Netgear router blinking red light issue. Therefore, these kinds of minor issues can be resolved simply by restarting your Netgear router.
- Disconnect all the connected WiFi-enabled devices from your Netgear router.
- Then, turn off your router and unplug it from the power socket.
- Now, wait for some time before plugging it again into the power socket.
- Next, you are required to switch on your Netgear router and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to access the high-speed internet service.
Now, check if the issue still persists, then jump to the next technique to get rid of the Netgear router red light issue.
Check the Power Supply
Netgear router needs a proper power supply to work efficiently. Any damaged or short-circuited electrical socket might cause a power outage and you can get stuck with the Netgear router red light issue. If that’s the case with you, then try switching your Netgear router to another socket. Additionally, don’t forget to examine the condition of the AC cable as it needs to be free from any kind of damage for proper functioning.
Cross-Check Your Physical Connection
Ensure that you don’t have any loose connections. Else, you’ll face similar kinds of issues that you are facing currently. So, inspect all the physical connections as they are supposed to be finger-tight.
Check Your Internet Connection
Inspect the condition of your Ethernet cable, as any wear or tear to the cable can cause Netgear router flashing red light issue. If you detect any damage to the Ethernet cable, then swap or replace it with the new one. If you have connected them wirelessly, then make sure that your WiFi-enabled devices are securely connected to your router. If that’s not the case, then try using the Ethernet cable for a secure connection.
Important Note: Always prefer a wired connection while accessing the Netgear router login page to avoid any connectivity issues.
Update Your Router Firmware
If you haven’t upgraded the firmware of your Netgear router for ages, then chances are you might get stuck with the Netgear router red light issue. Therefore, we suggest you update Netgear router firmware for smooth functioning and troubleshooting similar kinds of issues. It’s a simple process but still, some netizens find it a bit complex. So, to make the task simple, here we have listed step-by-step information to help you to update your Netgear router firmware.
- Switch on your Netgear router and PC.
- On your PC, access an updated version of the Internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address field.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, you will be navigated to the Netgear router login page where you need to input the default username and password, and then click Log In.
- Once you have successfully logged in, the Netgear router setup wizard will come into view where you are required to move your cursor to the Advanced tab, then click Administration and select Firmware Update.
- Next, click the Check option to look for the new updates.
- If the new updates are available, click Yes to start the Netgear router firmware update process.
- Now, you just simply need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Well done, you’ve successfully updated your Netgear router’s firmware to the latest version. Now, determine whether the Netgear router red light has been resolved. If not, then implement the next method.
Reset Your Netgear Router
This is the last resort when none of the above methods help you in resolving the issue. Then, resetting your Netgear router to the default factory settings and reconfiguring it again from the scratch is needed to fix the minor or major issues that cause your Netgear router to blink red light. To reset, you just need a pin-pointed kind of object such as a paperclip to press and hold the Reset button located at the back of your Netgear router until the power LED starts flashing. Then, it will automatically restart and will be restored to default factory settings.
Now, you are required to re-configure your Netgear router to access high-speed internet services. Also, you can access the Netgear Genie app to configure your router.
We hope you have carefully followed the aforementioned hacks to troubleshoot the Netgear router red light issue. Just let us know in the comment section if the above-given information help you in resolving the issue.