This is just a tragic sight… that suit isn’t going to help anyone get to the moon. He needs to just throw his space-man suit in the garbage. It has to be what’s suffocating his brain from making good music anymore. Kid Cudi Merch Coachella Outfit And don’t even get me started on this “men’s” crop-top he wore during his Coachella performance last weekend. He looks like he’s running late for jazzercise class. I think it’s safe to say the only thing that hasn’t completely changed much is his “off-stage” fashion sense. Off-stage, he still keeps his style “simply complex” as I like to call it. His outfits may seem typical at times, but the exclusive and hard-to-find garments and accessory pairings are what make his outfits unique. Yeah that may be just a plain black t-shirt, but it’s probably a french or italian cotton-blend tee that could pay my rent for the next three months. And the Bape letterman jacket over top of it will definitely make you look more than twice. Kid Cudi Old photo of Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi trying on his new BAPE Shark Varsity Letterman
In 2009, Cudi, alongside record producers Plain Pat and Emile Haynie, launched record label Dream On in partnership with Universal Motown and Kanye West’s GOOD Music. Kid Cudi has sold over 4.6 million digital singles and has worked with artists such as Kanye West, Jay-Z, Common, Mary J. Blige, David Guetta, Shakira, MGMT, Snoop Dogg and Michael Bolton. With his originality and creativity, as well as the emotion he conveys in his music, Cudi has amassed a large cult-like following among high school students, college students and stoners alike.
For me,The Kid is not only a rising music star, he’s also a recognised style icon. In his signature tortoise coloured retro-nerd glasses and geek chic polo shirt, he has obviously mastered the art of looking nerdy and being thee cooler for it. When I think of Style de Kid Cudi, certain expressions come to mind: uptown hipster, contemporary streets, quasi-gentleman, style je ne sais qui, urban-retro-nerd…I could go on. But indeed, summed up in one word, Style de Kid Cudi is ‘Effortless’. That look that says ‘I love to look good, but I don’t fuss’. Quite frankly, The Kid gets dressed the way most guys do: getting up and throwing whatever on. That’s just one of the benefits of having a well-edited wardrobe — looking good becomes easier if everything you own is dope.
You Might Like Style jackets are better for youngsters
Cudi said of his morning routine: “I don’t like waking up and having to take an hour to figure out what to wear, I hate that. My wardrobe makes it so I can look in the closet and take me all ten, fifteen minutes to figure out a fit and I go from there.
Now,I’d like to give you a glimpse into The Kid’s closet. You gotten understand why it’s certified Dope!
- New Era “I love New Era fitteds. I just love baseball caps. The New Era was the first baseball cap I ever owned and I’m just completely obsessed with the New Era fitted. It’s not really a full-on brand, but that’s something that I love. And that’s something people see me in all the time in a baseball cap.”
- Vintage Rock T-Shirts “BAPE would be one of my faves, but I haven’t worn them in a long time. I’ve Lucky Me I See Ghosts Hoodie of grown out of BAPE. I’m more into vintage pieces, and I love my rock T-shirts. Aside from the graphics and stuff, they’re more comfortable for me.”
- GANT Rugger “GANT is making some things that I’ve fallen for — straight-up fallen in love with the jackets and the button-ups. They’ve been making some cool stuff as of late that I’ve been stumbling upon.
If I’m messing with a brand, its usually I’m looking for like a jacket, or some jeans, like a vest or something like that. I’m not the type of guy who goes out and gets a full outfit from one brand. I like to mix and match and piece things together.”
- A.P.C. “A.P.C. denim man, they just have the illest cut. They are the best cut, best fitting jeans I’ve ever had and it’s the type of jeans that gets better with time. I have had my A.P.C. jeans for years, and I still wear them consistently. Personally, I think they make the best jeans on the planet. If you’re looking for jeans that conform to your lifestyle over time, these are the jeans.”
- Balmain “From Balmain, I don’t really go hard with getting every piece of clothing that they spit out. I like to keep it more on accessories — and then a vest or a jacket, or a hoodie, and their jeans. I’m really into the jeans, but whatever, you won’t catch me in a full Balmain outfit. I don’t play that stuff. I think people with style can interchange things and make it work.
You Might Like Talk about the different types of fashion clothing available
That’s why it’s tough for me to pick labels because I’m not a label whore. Of course, there’s a couple brands I frequent where I know I can get signature pieces from. Like A.P.C., everybody gets jeans from there. Balmain, if I go there, I’m looking for a new type of blazer or I’m looking for another vest or something in that vein.”
- Jordan Brand “I love Jordans of course. Nike is definitely one of my favorite brands overall. Classic and iconic, can’t go wrong. That’s pretty much it. I don’t get married to one brand. IIIs and IVs are probably my two favorite pairs. Any colorway, but I like to keep it simple. I don’t like to have any super, crazy colorways.
A couple of years ago, I would’ve told you something different but now I like to have stuff that’s a little bit more classic and simple. Yeah, I just think they perfect and they go really well with my A.P.C.s.”
- Klein Calvin Klein and Dior Homme “I love Calvin Klein suits, I love Dior suits. I’m a skinny dude man — it’s hard to find the perfect suit. And I kind of got into Dior and I was like ‘Ok, this is my steez right here.’ Yeah, Dior suits are the shit and Calvin Klein as well, and Ralph Lauren has some really cool suits too.”
- Surface to Air “If you noticed, I wore their jacket in the ‘Day N Nite’ video. It was actually the director who I was working with who showed me and took it right off his back. I was like, ‘Yo, man. That jacket is fresh. What is that?’
And he was like, ‘They’re my friends. They have this company and they designed this jacket. This is a jacket that they did with Justice.’ I as like, ‘I want to wear that stuff.’ That’s why in the video it was a little bit cut and fitted because it wasn’t my jacket.