A blood sugar test is a crucial test for diabetes care. Good health is the groundwork for all happiness; this statement is so true! Similarly, if you are a diabetic patient, you need to regulate the blood sugar level of the body with the help of a blood sugar test. A diabetic person needs to monitor their blood sugar level daily.
A Blood sugar test measures the level of sugar or glucose in the blood. People with high blood sugar levels must go for a trial to control their body sugar levels. With the help of a glucose test, patients get to know what type of diet pattern they need to maintain their blood sugar level.
Moreover, the test will help a doctor detect the type of diabetes and suggest suitable medicines and treatments accordingly.
You are not alone in battling diabetes; there are 25.2 million people who are dealing with the same. To prevent serious health complication that is caused due to diabetes, a person must visit the doctor regularly. The regular test helps avoid health complications like heart attack, high blood pressure, high cholesterol level, and many more.
What is the purpose of the Blood Sugar Test?
The purpose of a blood sugar test lies below:
- The doctor uses a blood sugar test to know whether a patient is diabetic or pre-diabetic. The test measures the amount of sugar in the blood to give the patient the complete status of their health.
- A diabetic patient must have a home test kit to keep themselves updated with the Fasting Blood Sugar level in the body. Also, a patient must change their eating pattern and diet for a balanced sugar level for the body.
- The consequences of diabetes can be life-threatening; a high blood sugar level leads to hypoglycemia which often results in a coma. A high blood sugar level means ketoacidosis, affecting people with type 2 diabetes. Hence, a blood sugar test plays a significant role in the life of a diabetic patient.
- The condition mentioned above of diabetes, if left untreated, causes damage to the other organs of the body like the eye, kidney, heart, and liver.
Fasting Blood Sugar Range
The Fasting Blood Sugar Range is 99mg/dl. If the range is higher than the normal range (100 to 125 mg/dl), the person is prediabetic. If the coverage is higher than 126 mg/dL, it shows that a person has diabetes and needs quick medication.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent Urination
- Increased Hunger
- Blurry Vision
- Sudden Weight Loss
- Dry Skin
- Slow healing of infection and injuries
If you encounter these symptoms, you must take a diabetes test. Get the Fasting Blood Sugar Test price by connecting with Redcliffe Labs.
There are specific tips while using the diabetes home kit. Let’s take a glance:
Tips For Using Blood Sugar Home Test Kit:-
- The first and foremost thing is to check whether the kit is cleaned or not.
- Make sure that the test strips are not exposed to moisture; it will damage them.
- Before using the kit, make sure that you wash your hands properly with soap and not with a sanitizer with a high amount of alcohol, as it makes the skin dry.
- Prick your finger and squeeze the base to get the blood sample for testing.
- Keep track of the result and change your diet and exercise pattern accordingly.
- Do not share the blood monitoring equipment with any family member for safety purposes.
- Dispose of the strips properly after completing the test.
How is blood sugar level affected by one’s eating habits?
Another name for blood sugar is glucose which comes from the foods we eat. Glucose is formed with the breakdown and conversion of nutrition in the body, which is used as energy.
The body starts breaking down the food to release energy when we eat. Carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals are broken down to release the energy needed by the body. A higher amount of carbohydrates means more sugar in the blood.
Carbohydrates contain higher sugar levels; therefore, a doctor recommends stopping consuming carbohydrates from regulating the body’s blood sugar level. Rice, cookies, bread, processed cereals, and sugary beverages must be avoided when you have diabetes.
Suggestions to Control Blood Sugar Level of the Body
Here are some tips to regulate the blood sugar level of the body:
- Exercise Regularly: To control your blood sugar level, it is essential to exercise regularly without fail. Take 30 minutes from your busy life. It will improve your health and control the severe complications caused by high blood sugar levels. Excercise maintains the weight of the body and improves insulin sensitiveness.
- Eating Habits: Keep an eye on how many carbs you intake daily. Control the level of carbohydrates as these are mainly responsible for increasing the body’s glucose level.
- Eat more Fibrous Foods: Vegetables, legumes, and nuts are some fibrous foods that improve the metabolism of the body and regulate the sugar level.
- Drink more water and keep yourself hydrated: Water keeps you hydrated and rescues the risk of diabetes. Moreover, it helps the kidney flush out the body’s waste materials.
- Control the portion of foods: Portion control helps maintain the body’s weight. Consume smaller portions and eat slowly to balance the weight of the body.
- Control your stress level: Too much stress affects the blood glucose level and leads to various health complications. Hence, the doctor advises managing your blood sugar level to avoid the risk of diabetes.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of diabetes, then you must go for a diabetes test from a recognized health center. Redcliffe Labs is your one-stop solution for any kind of test and treatment. The doctors give you a free consultation and a free sample collection. In addition, the doctor assures you of accurate test results at the given time. Reach out to the expert team to schedule your appointment today and get benefitted.