Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US
The US has a quite strict visa policy, but tourists, including Maltese, are allowed up to 90 days of vacation in the country. The US VISA FOR Malta Citizens grants the citizens of 38 countries the possibility of acquiring a tourist visa through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, or US ESTA for short. iVisa can help Maltese apply for a ESTA using an online application system and have it in as little as 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)?
The ESTA is an automated system that looks up your eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, and whether such travel poses any law enforcement or security risk.
What is a Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?
The Visa Waiver Program is administered by the Dept. of Homeland Security, and facilitates eligible citizens or nationals of designated countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business (to stay up to 90 days) without first obtaining a visa.
I already have a valid visa. Do I still need an ESTA to travel to the United States?
Individuals who possess a valid visa can still travel to the United States on for the purpose for which that visa was issued. Remember that citizens traveling on valid visas are not required to apply for an ESTA.
What do Maltese need?
iVisa’s method of applying for a visa is a lot accessible than anyone would think. Of course, Maltese need to make an effort as well, but it is very little. All you need to do is provide some information and fill in a form. As for the first part, here is a list of what needs to be provided:
- Passport – one of the requirements is that you have a valid passport. However, not just any kind of passport. You need an electronic passport with a digital chip that contains biometric information.
- E-mail address – even though your visa will be linked to your passport electronically, you still need a copy to present at the immigration office once you arrive in the US. iVisa will send you a copy via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print it out before you leave.
- Means of payment – the payment for your visa and iVisa’s services is made before submitting the US VISA FOR Monegasque Citizens. You can use multiple methods such as credit/debit card or a PayPal account.
What are the fees and processing times?
iVisa has created three options to satisfy everyone’s needs and budget. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – choosing this option means that your request will be processed within just 24 hours. As far as the price goes, you will be charged only USD $66.49.
- Rush processing – with this option your US evisa will be ready within just 8 hours. You need to pay USD $113.99 for it.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your visa right away, you can opt for this timeframe and have your application processed within 2 hours for USD $155.99.
How can Maltese apply for the US ESTA?
You will go through a very simple application process if you use the services provided by iVisa. The form is easy to comprehend and it only takes about 10 minutes to be completed. If you need any assistance, iVisa also provides an amazing support service that is ready to take your call 24/7.
The form is divided into three steps.
- The first one requires personal information such as name, address, e-mail, passport info, and so on. You must also select a processing time for your application.
- The second step of the application will be about payment and revision. You can make the payment using one of the available methods. As for the revision, keep in mind that it is important for the information you provide to be 100% accurate. Since the processing time is not long, there is little time for you to make corrections, and that is impossible after your visa is ready. Make sure that all the information you put in does not have spelling mistakes.
- Lastly, you will be required to provide some additional documentation and answer a set of personal questions. The requested documents may differ from case to case. For example, you need to upload more documents if you travel with a minor.
After you are finished with all that, just submit the application and wait for it to arrive in via-mail inbox. It could not get any simpler than that.
How long is the US ESTA valid for?
It’s valid for 2 years after issued.
How many entries am I granted and how long can I stay?
You are given a Multiple Entry and can stay 90 days Per Entry.
dO YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
If you need more help you can always contact us or you can check this page for more answered questions.
As you can see the process is really simple and iVisa will be glad to help you with the heavy lifting and let you enjoy your trip!