QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting solution that can be tailored to meet the needs of each user. Users are not likely to make mistakes while customizing QuickBooks Desktop. Many users need third-party apps to integrate with QuickBooks Desktop. These applications may not work as expected or interfere with certain QuickBooks Desktop files. If this happens, users will be unable to continue their work because the application may throw fatal errors. Many of these issues can easily be fixed using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. However, some others require a different approach.
We will show you how to fix errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Clean Installation?
A quickbooks clean install tool installation involves uninstalling the software, deleting all files, and then reinstalling it. You are replacing any corrupted QuickBooks Desktop files by performing a clean install. In that you will use a new file to install QuickBooks Desktop software, a clean install is different from a simple reinstall. Depending on your setup, an Express installation might not be necessary. You can use the Custom or Network installs instead.
Although you won’t lose any company accounting data when you do a clean installation, it is a good idea to use QuickBooks File Doctor to perform regular reinstalls before you resort to a clean installation. Before uninstalling, make sure you have backed up all of your data. If you have any issues with your company files or with templates or displays, do a QuickBooks Desktop Clean Install.
How do I clean up my QuickBooks desktop?
There are many ways to clean up QuickBooks Desktop. Before you proceed with any of these methods, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have a backup copy of every QuickBooks record.
- Keep track of your QuickBooks license number. This will be found in your original packaging, or in the email confirmation.
- Before you remove the solution, download the QuickBooks Desktop installer.
Use Clean Install Tool
It is easiest to do a QuickBooks Desktop clean installation by using the built-in tool. Here are some ways you can make use of it.
- Launch the quickbooks tool hub.
- Choose the Clean Install Tool tab.
- Make sure you choose the right version of QuickBooks.
- To reinstall QuickBooks Desktop, use the installer file.
Manual QuickBooks Clean Installation
If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop 2020, or have other problems, the tool may not work. You will need to manually uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in this case.
- Choose the Uninstall a Program option from the Control Panel of your Windows device.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop and click Remove.
- Continue with the reinstallation.
Additional steps for QuickBooks Desktop Clean Installation
Sometimes it is helpful to manually rename folders that are associated with your QuickBooks Desktop install. If the problem persists even after reinstallation, here’s what to do.
- Make sure there are no hidden files, folders, or programs associated with QuickBooks. These files will be labeled with.qbw and.doc extensions.
- Navigate to the folder where your QuickBooks files are stored.
- To prevent QuickBooks from accessing your files during reinstallation, append “old” to the existing folder.