The use of lubricant on a steel wire rope reduces friction greatly, reducing the following two factors:
- The cable rope has been rubbed down.
- The process of generating heat
Cable and rope lubrication systems, such as Viper Wrl, are a service item that is attached to machinery and lubricates wire ropes on a monthly, quarterly, or other cycles. Lubrication intervals should be calculated based on the rope manufacturer’s specifications.
Advantages of Groove Cleaners
The groove cleaner was designed to remove debris and used oil from the wire rope before it passed through the wire rope lubricator. This approach accelerates the entry of fresh grease and improves corrosion protection in wire rope, extending its service life.
The Lincoln cable and rope lubrication system eliminates the need for human lubrication, which leads to improved performance. This trustworthy tool injects lubricant into the wire rope core, which reduces friction and heat generation while also extending the wire rope’s life. The cable and rope lubrication system delivers the right amount of oil, distributes it evenly, and prevents lubricant waste.
- Fast and effective lubrication reduces lubrication time by up to 90% compared to manual lubrication.
- The operator’s safety has been increased.
- It works with any wire rope with a diameter of up to 2 inches (52 mm)
- Assists in corrosion prevention
- Wire ropes are safeguarded.
- It pierces the core of the wire rope.
- Pollution and waste are decreased.
- A strong design is essential for extreme scenarios.
- Cranes are on the move
- At the wharf, cranes
- Maritime cranes
- Deck-mounted winches
- Maritime hoists
- Ropes for ROVs made of wire (remote-operated vehicles)
- Winding machines are used in open-pit mining.
- Wheeled cranes
- Oil and gas drilling rigs
- Chains and ropes
- Chairlifts and ski lifts
- dragging ropes
- Oil and natural gas
Components of a Modern Wire Rope Lubrication System
Wire rope lubrication (Wrl) systems can be ordered in the following ways:
- Choose a seal and roll kit based on the diameter of the cable rope. Seals and rollers for wire rope diameters in their respective size ranges are included in interchangeable kits.
- Select a wire rope lubricator body or body to complete the seal and roll kit options.
- Choose a pump and accessory kit that matches the grease container’s size.
Wire Ropes Live Longer With Groove Cleaner
The groove cleaner, which works in tandem with the Lincoln wire rope lubricator, cleans the rope of dirt and old oil before it passes through the lubricator. The cleaner extends the life of wire ropes by increasing fresh grease penetration and preventing corrosion. To ensure that the device’s profile meets the strands exactly, each groove cleaner is created to order depending on rope specifications. A groove cleaner device, as well as separating bushings and separating bushing support, are included in the groove cleaner unit to reduce wear. The cleaner is made out of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer).
Conclusion:- Regular lubrication greatly extends the life of a steel wire rope when compared to a wire rope that has not been oiled. Lubricating a wire rope while it’s in use also helps to prevent corrosion. Corrosion can happen both inside and outside, and it’s often driven by acids, alkaline fluids, humidity, salt air, gases, and abrasive and industrial environments.