Apple Watch Won’t Vibrate for Incoming Calls, Texts, or other Notifications? How to Fix
Some customers have stated that their Apple Watch does now no longer vibrate whilst it is meant to, for example, whilst calls or texts are received.
If your watch isn’t always vibrating, there can be numerous motives why. This explains how you may troubleshoot your Apple Watch’s vibration troubles. Do now no longer worry, maximum of those troubles are smooth to repair.
- Follow the stairs for whilst Apple Watch now no longer Ringing.
Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch. A restart can repair troubles inflicting this problem:
iPhone X, 11, 12, or later: Press and preserve the electricity button (facet or pinnacle) and the extent up (or down) button collectively till you notice the electricity off slider. Drag the slider. After your iPhone turns off, press and preserve the electricity button till the Apple emblem appears.
Other iPhone models: Press and preserve the electricity button (facet or pinnacle) till the electricity off slider appears. Drag the slider. Wait for 30 seconds in your iPhone to show off. Then press and preserve the electricity button till the Apple emblem appears.
- Press and preserve the facet button.
- Release the facet button whilst you see the electricity-off slider.
- Drag the slider all of the manner to the right.
- Wait some seconds in your watch to show off.
- Press and preserve the facet button till you notice the Apple emblem.
2. Update your watch and phone
Ensure that your Apple Watch and iPhone have the modern-day model of watchOS and iOS. Here is how you may do this:
- iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Apple Watch: There are ways. You can replace your watch via way of means of following one of those:
- On your Apple Watch, visit Settings > General > Software Update.
- On your iPhone: Open the Watch app and faucet My Watch > General > Software Update.
3. Check your notifications settings
If your watch does now no longer vibrate whilst you get hold of textual content messages, emails, or calls, which includes FaceTime, test their notifications settings. Ensure that Haptic is became on for the app. Here is how:
On your iPhone, open the Watch app after which comply with those steps:
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap an app (including Phone, Mail, Messages, etc.) and choose Custom. Ensure:
- Allow Notifications is selected.
- Sound and Haptic are became on.
Apple Watch Notifications
4. Check your Sounds and Haptics settings for your watch
It is viable that your watch won’t be vibrating due to the fact your settings are misconfigured. Here is how you may test your settings:
- On your Apple Watch, faucet Settings.
- Scroll down and faucet Sounds & Haptics.
- And make sure that Haptic Alerts are enabled. If it’s far already on, flip it off, wait some moments, after which flip it on.
- Haptic Alerts
If vibration remains now no longer working, choose Prominent. This choice gives more potent vibration than the Default choice.
5. Check Do Not Disturb
Ensure that Do Not Disturb isn’t always enabled for your watch. If you notice a blue moon icon on the pinnacle of the display screen, then Do Not Disturb is enabled. Turn it off and test to peer if vibration is working. Here is how you may flip this off:
Open Control Center for your watch. You can open it via way of means of, from the watch face, touching and conserving the lowest of your display screen for your watch.
Tap the Do Not Disturb icon to disable it.
Alternatively, you may additionally flip off Do Not Disturb via way of means of going to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
6. Create a custom vibration
Follow those steps to create a custom vibration. This might also additionally repair your problem. Here is how:
On your iPhone, visit Settings > Notifications > choose an app (we can choose Phone) > Sounds > Vibration.
- Tap Create New Vibration after which comply with the onscreen instructions.
- Ten make sure that this practice vibration is selected.
Also make sure that Mirror my iPhone is selected:
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Tap Notifications > Phone (or some other app) and choose Mirror my iPhone.
7. Force restart
Simply force-restart your iPhone and Apple Watch. Here is how:
- iPhone 8, X, 11, 12 or later: Press and launch the extent up button and press and launch the extent down button after which press and preserve the facet button till you notice the Apple emblem.
- iPhone 7: Press and preserve the extent down button and the electricity (sleep/wake) button collectively till the Apple emblem appears.
- Other iPhone models: Press and preserve the Home button and the electricity (sleep/wake) button on the equal time till you notice the Apple emblem.
Press and preserve the facet button and the Digital Crown till the Apple emblem appears.