Every employee who contributes to the EPF is given a 12-digit unique number known as a Universal Account Number, or UAN. The UAN is created and distributed by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). It is then validated by the Ministry of Labor and Employment of the Government of India. The EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization) maintains a webpage where you can access your account information using only your Universal Account Number (UAN). You can check your EPF account balance, watch the progress of your claims, receive contributions made updates, and transfer money from an old member ID to a new one. You can link many PF accounts (PF) online using your UAN login to make account maintenance and information access easier.
Activation of UAN
Members must first activate their UAN in order to enjoy all of the EPFO portal’s features. The activation of the UAN is a simple procedure that proceeds as follows:
1. Begin by going to the EPFO website (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site en/).
2. Under ‘Our Services,’ the user must select ‘For Employees’ from the drop-down box.
3. The employee must then select ‘Member UAN/Online Services (OCS/OTCP)’ from the ‘Services’ menu.
4. The employee must then click ‘Activate UAN’ from the next window.
5. On the following screen, users must provide their UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, and captcha code. Then select ‘Get Authorization Pin’ from the drop-down option.
6. Individuals will receive a one-time password on their mobile phones (OTP).
7. After entering the OTP and confirming the disclaimer box, click ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN.’
8. Individuals’ UANs and passwords will be sent to their registered mobile phone numbers. These credentials will be required to access the EPFO portal.
Employees can log in to the EPFO website by using their UAN as the username and the new password they set after activating their UAN. Using the UAN login facility, you can have access to a range of features. After logging in, you can perform the following EPF-related tasks:
- The UAN card and passbook can be downloaded.
- View the current status of PF connectivity, as well as a list of all member IDs.
- You can view the status of PF transfer claims, check the status of system-generated transfer claims, and file transfer claims.
- Phone numbers and email addresses are examples of personal information that can be updated.
- Update your KYC information and upload your KYC documents.
- View the contact information for the helpdesk.
Benefits of Activating UAN
The following are some of the benefits of UAN activation:
- The EPF statement is simple to acquire. To use this service, log in to the EPFO portal or send a text message.
- Because of the UAN, employers will be unable to withhold EPF funds from employees.
- Employees should check their EPF balance on a regular basis to verify if their company has contributed.
- All of the employee’s Member IDs are in the same group under a single UAN.
- As a result, every Member ID is easily accessible.
- Using the UAN, you can quickly transfer EPF money from an old Member ID to a new one.
- If an employee’s new EPF account is linked to his or her UAN, the balance from previous/old EPF passbook accounts can be transferred. The member can complete the transfer online. You can also check your transfer’s status online.
Members must, however, UAN activation is mandatory in order to use the full range of EPFO portal advantages. Members can use the UAN login function to log in to the EPFO site after activating their UAN, using their UAN as the username and the new password they set during activation.